Sunday, September 15, 2024

Pumpkin Seed~ A Fun Poem

 




Big Sis told me it was a pill

I swallowed it while I was ill

Later she admitted with glee

It was a seed planted inside me.

 

My heart raced, I had to know

Would this seed inside me grow?

I felt my belly begin to rise

I imagined myself made into pies.

 

I screamed, I cried, I went frantic

I hollered for Momma in a dreadful panic

She raced to see what the fuss was about

I hollered, “Momma get it out!”

 

Momma  sat at the edge of my bed

And calmed me down by rubbing my head.

What is it that has you filled with such fear

I pointed at my belly, “A seed in here.”

 

Momma laughed and said you’ll be fine.

A seed won’t grow without soil and sunshine.

I looked up at her and asked, “Is this true?”

She smiled and asked, “Would I lie to you?”

 

She was right about Momma’s not lyin’

I wiped my tears and stopped my cryin’

I’d get even with Sis for her little trick

Just wait til’ next time she gets sick.


Happy Reading!

No comments: