Friday, September 6, 2024

Gardening Articles ~Freelancing Life




 Before I started working for  Bazaarvoice, I was a full-time freelancer. My favorite niche was, and is, gardening. I wrote for Demand Studies and SF Gate for a few years. It was not the greatest company to work for, and I quickly found out I was not alone dissatisfied with it.

However, other writers have taken over my old articles from 10+ years ago. I do still have a few lingering online. 

Like this one, and it's now on a site called Week&. I found I have a handful left on the site. I do miss the gardening articles! 

I did some ghostwriting about yachts a few years back, too. I have no idea where they ended up! 😃

Freelancing is okay, but I'd rather spend my time writing fiction. And, as a freelancer you work on a project basis or for a content mill that underpays, so the money is not great unless you have a good gig lined up at all times.

 The freelance life isn't for everyone, I guess. I'd rather have the job I have now. I just jump online and do my work with no hassles. 

I'd like to eventually make enough money from my fiction books to do that full-time, but who knows if that will ever come to fruition. 

So for now, I read my product reviews for my day job and work on my books as much as possible. I still sometimes pick up some ghostwriting, but not as often as I used to. 


I leave you today with this little humorous little poem I wrote about eating holiday meals at the in-laws!


Prehistoric turkey
covered in an iceberg
of freezer burn. Who knows how
long it's been in that freezer? I'm frightened.
I don't want food poisoning again!
I pray for a
way out.

Slimy pie
Smells like baked beans
Oh, dear God! What is it?
What in the heck is mincemeat anyway?
Can I have some water, please?
My stomach is calling
Alka Seltzer!


Happy Reading!

No comments: