Monday, May 16, 2011

Moving Forward

Okay, I've go this cover problem figured out. So this week, I'm moving forward with putting the children's book together. But, It will still be June before it's ready.

I am also working on a book of very short stories-all under 500 words. The title is Flashes Of Fiction, and I plan to self-publish this one as well.

I want to get into publishing, so this is a good way to test the waters before jumping in. I'll start out small and learn the process before taking any plunges. My goal is to run my own publishing company in the future. I thought about naming it, Burtonhead Publishing or Burtonhead Books. We'll see. Today, there is so much great technology for writers and publishers, how can I not give it a try?

I'm working on several projects at once. I shift from one to the other when inspiration strikes. I'm not sure how productive this will be in the long run, but for now, it's working. I am writing two YA novellas at this time--one a drama/mystery and the other a sci-fi/speculative story. Plus, my children's book and two books of short stories. I've also gotten back into writing greeting cards. I love trying to come up with verses for greeting cards- it's fun!

I'm hoping the the copies of Tales From Imagination's Closet will come in the mail today,so I can get them to Viewpoint Books this week. I have had so many people as where to buy it and right now it's only available online. Still waiting on Amazon!

Oh, I also plan to make some updates to my webstie. I hope to have those done by early next week and ready to share!

Happy Reading!

No comments: