Monday, January 2, 2012

New Review for the New Year!

I hope everyone enjoyed the free copies of Flashes of Fiction: Volume 1 and The Peanut Buttor Tweatment on Kindle. I have a new review of to share with everyone from author Jenny Twist.

Another Great Collection from M. Allman

FLASHES OF FICTION, VOL.1

I first came across M. Allman in her first anthology, Tales from Imagination's Closet, and have been a fan ever since.
This latest collection is just as impressive – five tales ranging from dark science fiction to humour.
Metro Dome – a very disturbing distopian vision of a future where human life is confined to an environmentally-controlled dome, told through the eyes of an old man talking to his grandson.
Viral Smiles -a comedy in which the heroine attempts to spread a little happiness and only succeeds in annoying everyone she meets.
Shannon Elizabeth Riley – a heartbreaking tale of a lost little girl who finds her way home.
Operation Onion – Samuel Clemens has a very strange affliction. He emits different odours according to his mood, some of which are highly offensive. Can the poor man ever lead a normal life?
The Handbag – a delightful fairy tale with a twist.

If you are a lover of short stories, you cannot fail to appreciate Ms Allman's skill. She is a storyteller of the highest order, with a command of language far and away above average. The short story is the most difficult form to write and Ms Allman pulls it off over and over again. I particularly loved Shannon Elizabeth Riley.
Keep 'em coming, Molly.

Jenny Twist, Author

I am also a fan of Ms. Twist. You can find her books on Amazon as well and click here to see her author page on the site and learn more about her.

It's been a great start to the new year and I have many projects planned. I just have to remind myself that I can't do everything at once. :) I will post updates here throughout the year.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Tara Fox Hall said...

I will have to check this out, Molly. :) Thank you for stopping by my blog today :)