Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Interest...

I never thought I'd enjoy writing nonfiction, but I finished my feature writing class and I loved it. I don't care for the interviewing, but the personal commentary and life experience writing I did enjoy. I wrote one piece for class about my dad and an embarassing story about me, "The Blooming Dog Story," and it is scheduled to be published in an upcoming issue of The Woods Newspaper- Saint Mary of the Woods school paper. I do like to write about my family and funny stories from my childhood(there are so many), so this may lead to something in the future. Hmmm...

I still have that one project to finish for arts reporting class. I didn't think I'd like it either, but its okay. I didn't hate it, but it's not my favorite type of writing.

I noticed over the weekend that my anthology, Tales From Imagiantion's Closet, is availabe on Amazon.com but from a book seller on the site, and they $16.02 for it. The book seller is in the UK. There is no photo of the cover. I dont know why anyone would pay $16 when you can buy the book from Melange-Books for $13.50. It makes no sense. A lot of  other books are for sale with varying prices on the site though.

I am considering the addition of  free reads to my website M. Allman. I have a lot of short stories that I wrote for little contest for Writing.com and things that I think would make good stories for free reads on the site. It would give readers who have not read my writing a glimpse into my writing style. I may start that this weekend. I'll keep everyone posted.

Happy Reading!

No comments: