Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Where'd You Come Up With That?! Wednesdays~ Home Again

So far, I've written about stories that are sort of on the bazaar side, but today, I'll go over where I can up with the idea of "Home Again." This is a flash fiction piece I wrote a few years ago, but just recently published on Hubpages.

This short story is about a woman coming to terms with losing her parents and her childhood home. She is upset and disheartened by the thought of losing the home she and her family made happy memories in together. In the story, she walks through the home replaying some her fondest memories in her head. After going through the house, she thinks about the quote, "You can't go home again."

Is this true? Can you really never go home again. I thought about this same quote when my childhood home was demolished a few years ago. It was sad to see a big empty space where my home once stood, and I thought about all the memories made in that home.

That is the only home I remember growing up, and there were an endless amount of memories made there with my family. After feeling sad for a while, I realized those memories are kept within in me--in my heart, where they can never be torn down or taken away. So, while you can't go home again, you can always revisit the precious memories made in your childhood home.

In the story, the main character also comes to the same conclusion, which helps her comes to terms with selling the home and allowing a new family to live in the home and begin making their own precious memories.

If you'd like to read the story you can find here on Hubpages.

Happy Reading!


No comments: