Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Review! :)

I have to say I am so excited about this review. I've been in a sort of  "bad place" lately, meaning not sure about my writing projects and whether I wanted to continue with fiction. I've been on a break from writing while I sort things out in my mind, but I've continued to journal and write down ideas and thoughts.

This review has brighten my day and made me feel that writing my stories are worth it as long as there are readers out there who enjoy what  my crazy imagination has conjured up.

So I thank ManicSribbler (aka Lyn Sofras) for this wonderful review. I am so pleased she enjoyed the book.


The breadth of this writer’s imagination dazzles me!  ‘Tales from Imagination’s Closet’ is a collection of around 30 short (some very short) stories of diverse genres which left me wondering what it must be like to live inside this writer’s imagination.  So many ideas and all so different!
If I had to pick out my favourites from this collection, they would be ‘Secrets Never Die’, about a gossipy aunt who returns from beyond the grave to do what she enjoyed doing in life; ‘Come Back Doug’ – a rather haunting story of being literally stranded in the desert of alcohol-dependency; ‘The Stalker’ a chilling tale about a stalker with an evil mission and ‘Yesterday’s Children’, which was all about being as old as you feel – literally.
There were many other fascinating stories which were so interesting and unusual that I wished they were longer: ‘Finder’s Weepers’ a very clever idea about your lies coming back to haunt you; ‘Inside His Mind’, about domestic engineering and great fun; Laugh Like a Baby – an unusual and interesting idea and ‘Grandma’s Scrapbook’ which I found absolutely delightful.
In short, there is something to suit all tastes in this collection.  I’ve always preferred longer novels to short stories myself, but I’m now converted.  It’s always useful to have a short story collection when you want a quick read to fill a short break or at bedtime.  I found myself dipping into ‘Tale’s from Imagination’s Closet’ in all sorts of situations and getting engrossed within seconds.  I could rarely only read one story at a time.
  I would certainly recommend it as a highly enjoyable short story collection and will watch this writer with interest in the future.


Happy Reading!

No comments: